Faculty of Radio Engineering
The dean of the faculty is Andrey N. Dedov.
The faculty consists of 4 chairs
- Chair of Radio Equipment Engineering and Production,
- Chair of Design and Production of Computing Systems,
- Chair of Radio Engineering and Communication,
- Chair of Radio and Medical-Biological System Engineering.
The faculty of Radio Engineering today:
- 650 full-time students and 300 part-time students doing their bachelor’s or master’s programs
- About 120 students graduate every year with guaranteed employment becoming specialists in such fields as computer science, biomedical and broadcasting systems, radio electronics, and automatics.
- 4 chairs, 30 studying and science laboratories
- REC “Radio physical diagnostic methods of environment, objects’ locations, and info telecommunication systems”
- Nanotechnology and probe microscopy laboratories of common use center “Ecology, biotechnologies and processes of getting eco-friendly energy materials”. The laboratories have up-to-date equipment for carrying scientific research
12.03.04 Bioengineering Systems and Technologies
11.03.04 Electronics and Nanotechnics
11.03.03 Design Engineering and Technology of Electronic Devices
11.03.01 Radio Engineering
11.03.02 Information and Communications Technologies and Communication Systems
27.03.04 Control in Engineering Systems
12.04.04 Bioengineering Systems and Technologies
11.04.04 Electronics and Nanoelectronics
11.04.01 Radio Engineering
11.04.02 Information and Communications Technologies and Communication Systems
11.04.03 Design Engineering and Technology of Electronic Devices
27.04.02 Quality Management
27.04.04 Control in Engineering Systems
11.05.01 Radio Electronic Systems and Complexes (5 year Specialist Diploma)
The department includes 4 chairs and there are about 50 people of staff working for it.
The department maintains well-equipped computer classrooms, schematic and engineering design classrooms, microelectronics and nanotechnology, radar equipment, audiovisual and testing equipment laboratories, new laboratories of fiber-optics line of communication, combined antenna and feeder facilities.
During the studying process students obtain knowledge of electronics, computer machines, programming, computer modeling, development of automatic and control systems, design and operation of telecommunication and information systems and networks including modern wireless connections Wi-Fi and Wi-Max, satellite mobile communications, fiber-optics communication, videoconferencing, terrestrial, cable and satellite television and broadcasting, GPS and GLONASS networks of cars and boats positions fixing.
Every year students get internships in such companies as “Volgatelecom”, “MMZ”, “Possvyaznadzor”, “Radio frequency service”, “Megafon”, “Beeline”, “SeverGazProm”, “Surgutneftegaz”, “Svyaztransneft” and others. During the internships students take part in finding new technical solutions and help to develop new technologies. International internships are possible for students who speak foreign languages.
The main fields the graduates work in:
- Informational systems and networks operation and maintenance, including modern wireless connections Wi-Fi, Wi-Max and LTE, systems of mobile communications, radio electrical and biomedical systems, and automatic and control systems;
- Experimental and Research activities with using modern informational technologies;
- Administration and Management. Control of small groups of developers, ensure information security of systems and commercial secrets. Evaluation of innovation risks for commercial projects. Marketing.
- Design and operation of automatic and operational systems, communication systems, radio-electronic devices, biomedical machines. Software design for build into automatic systems. Design of ultra-rapid parallel computing networks. Hardware design;
- Operation and maintenance of information systems and networks, including modern wireless Wi-Fi, Wi-Max and LTE technologies, mobile communications, radio-electronic and biometrical systems, automatic and operational systems.
Guaranteed employment. Every year there are more requests from companies than graduated students. Graduated students successfully work in Russia and abroad, many of them have management positions in government and commercial companies and institutions.
Partners of the faculty:
- OJSC “RosTelecom-Volga”, Mari El Republic Branch
- FSUE “Oktyabr” (Kamensk-Uralsky city)
- LLC Company “SeverGasProm”
- OJSC “Surgutneftegas”
- JSC “Svyaztransneft”
- OJSC “Mari Machine Building Factory” - “Almaz-Antey” Group
- Control “Roskomnadzor” in Mari El Republic
- Yoshkar-Ola branch of Volga Federal Distric Radio- Frequency Center
- Russian Federal Nuclear Center – National Research Institute of experimental physics (Saratov City)
Contact information: 17 Panfilova Str., office 513. Yoshkar-Ola, Russia.
Phone number: (8362) 64-14-48